CERTIM was originally founded in 1954 in Saint-Brice-sous-Forêt, a town located to the north of Paris in the Val-d’Oise département of France.
At the time, its main activity was focussed on design and engineering services in the field of machine tools and production tooling. After receiving a huge order for design and manufacturing follow-up services in the automobile sector, the company’s managers decided in 1957 to move to the nearby commune of Sarcelles, also in France’s Val-d’Oise département.
At the end of the 1960s, the aeronautical sector was booming and, in 1969, CERTIM transferred its activities to Bayonne in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques département of south-west France, thus moving closer to major prime manufacturers like Breguet Aviation and Turbomeca. Since then, CERTIM has offered its customers a more comprehensive service, with its participation in projects now including not only design, but also manufacturing and final assembly
At the start of 2001, CERTIM opened another site in VITORIA , Spain.
Then, in January 2004, after more than 30 years in Bayonne, CERTIM moved to the technopôle IZARBEL, (Izarbel Technology Park) in BIDART, a new enterprise zone dedicated to the leading technological companies in the Basque Country.